Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Get Power of Attorney from primary tenant.

Posted by John on June 17, 2000 at 22:32:50:

In Reply to: Re: Help!!! can they evict me??? LEASE??? posted by JJ on June 17, 2000 at 08:14:49:

If your house sitting and the landlord does not want to renew the lease, then get a Power of Attorney and ask the housing court judge for time to move. If you stay in contact with the primary tenant and understands what is happening then you should not have a problem in court, except if you and the primary tenant wants to stay.
Oh, and hire a lawyer. A power of attorney from your friend can help you and your friend stay until you find another apartment. You Speak for him/her.

: : The house is in Texas and lease ends July 31 midnight.....I know i can stay just don't want an evection on her record....have not looked at the lease yet
: : can i do something legal with out ruining her credit?

: Read the lease!

: Read about Texas tenants' rights and responsibilities!

: If you read something you don't understand, quote it and someone can translate it from legalese to plain-english.

: http://tenant.net/Other_Areas/Texas/txlihs/tenadvis.html#anchor1009827

: My landlord is not renewing my lease. As far as I'm aware though, I've done
: nothing improper as a tenant. Can s/he do this?

: Yes. The landlord -- and tenant -- can terminate the lease at the end of the lease term
: without reason as long as the termination is not based on illegal discrimination or
: retaliation for a tenant's exercising certain legal rights. Notice should be given (See
: lease for exact amount of notice) if this is to occur.

: More Texas resources: http://badlandlords.tripod.com/texas.html

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name