Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NYS rules re eviction notices

Posted by kamichelle on June 19, 2000 at 15:21:21:

As shown in my previous post here, I am having trouble with my landlord because I could not pay the full $950 due this month. I owe nothing besides the $550 that I could not pay for June 2000. I will be paying that before the end of the month.

In the meantime, I have received an eviction notice from the landlord (typed by his wife) that is demanding that we be out by July 12, 2000.

We had told the landlord as of June 5 that we would be moving (of our own accord) by August 1 2000. Now this notice demanding that we leave by July 12!

Although our lease was not renewed since it ended in January 2000, the landlord has accepted all rent payments, and held us to the points about non-payment and care of property as described in the lease. All rent payments are due on the 1st of the month (grace period to the 5th). As such, can he just give us notice in the middle of the month that we have to be out by the middle of the next month? I thought that if the rent was due by the 1st, he had to give us notice by the 30th of June that he wanted us out by the 1st of August.

Please Help!

/kam

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name