Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Take her to small claims court.

Posted by John on June 20, 2000 at 12:02:22:

In Reply to: Electric Problem posted by Kathleen on June 20, 2000 at 10:02:44:

Try taking her to small claims court and get a statement from the power company refering to the repair and damage that was done to the meter.

Good luck.

: I live in upstate NY and I came home last Friday night to find out my electric had been turned off because the meter outside had been tampered with. When I called me landlord, she refused to have anything to do with it. The power would not be turned on until an inspection was made on the meter. Because of this, I was forced to got to a hotel for the entire weekend. I paid to have the inspection done on Monday. When the power company showed up to turn back on the power, they asked if anyone had been doing work on the area. It turns out that the landlord had her electrician change the master breaker on my apartment which would cause him to take off the meter. It was the power company's conclusion that he must have put the meter back on upside down.

: Do I have recourse against the landlord. I'm out about $350 between hotel, inspection and lost groceries for this. She is claiming no responsibility.

: Thank you for your help,
: Kathleen

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name