Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NYS rules re eviction notices

Posted by kamichelle on June 20, 2000 at 16:35:00:

In Reply to: Re: NYS rules re eviction notices posted by Anna on June 19, 2000 at 20:39:56:

Anna: You didn't say exactly, but it sounds like this notice is a 30-day notice to vacate, no reason needed. If so, you are correct: it must be served 30 days prior to the rent due date.

Kam 6/20/00: Anna, after reading some of the posts here about petitions, I wanted to state that the letter I received from my landlord was typed by his wife, on regular stationary. It was not a petition from the court. It was sent by registered mail. Does it make much of a difference if it was not in formal "court" petition style? Also, thanks for your quick response. I checked out the tenant.net forum and the NYS Real Property Law says that they have to notify me before the next month's rent is due. Since my rent is due on the 1st, that means that the notice they sent would be effective as of June 30th for a vacancy by August 1, 2000.

Thanks again Anna

/kam

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name