Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

court settlement agreement.......

Posted by artie on June 22, 2000 at 09:07:46:

A court settlement was agreed upon by me and my landlord for back payment arrears. The stipulations of the settlement was that the landlord would fix the repairs necessary in my apartment by two days after the court date(LAST sATURDAY). The super of the building came last night, but after he finished and left, I realized that the problem was not fixed at all. He only created another problem. The judge told me that if the repairs were not complete by the said day(last Saturday) to come back and speak with the Pro-Se attorney and enter a complaint against the landlord. I am sure that the super of the building is not certified to do thses works in the building. My question is this, if I go today and enter my complaint against the landlord, can I withhold rent until the new court date. Since the repairman(the super) was (5)days late in even coming to look into the problem, and also that the repairs were incomplete, is the settlement void. I am in Brooklyn, NY, and live in a rent-stabilized apartment. Can anyone help asap, I am planning on going to file my complaint today.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name