Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Need to clarify...

Posted by MikeW on June 26, 2000 at 11:04:06:

In Reply to: rent increase posted by shelley mars on June 25, 2000 at 12:32:01:

I get the feeling, although you didn't explicitly say, that you rented the apartment from the mgmnt company AFTER the building was converted. If you were not renting the apartment at the time the building was converted, you are NOT regulated. The LL (the mgmnt company in this case) can charge you whatever they want on a renewal.

If you were a renter at the time of conversion, it is completely different. You are likely under stabilization, and there are significant limits on what what the LL can charge on a renewal. Please clarify when you took this apartment if you need more help.

: i have just received a rent increase notice with my lease renewal. last year i was paying 850.00 and had not received an increase in a few years so i accepted an increase to 1050.. this time the rent increae is for 250.00 bringing my rent up to 1300.00. i amrenting a co-op from the managenent co. (it was never purchased when the building went co-op. i live in forest hills (queens) ny and do not know what my rights are regarding such a huge increase. can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to get the info i need???????thank you!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name