Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: New owner is doubling my rent

Posted by KD on June 29, 2000 at 12:38:45:

In Reply to: New owner is doubling my rent posted by KD on June 29, 2000 at 12:10:32:

This is cute...

The new owner just called me again...ten minutes after the $1700 offer. Offering me $1500 month-to-month and pleading with me to make a snap decision on whether I'm staying or not. This after finding out just yesterday, and without anything on paper. Plus, my rent is due on the 1st, so is he trying to raise my rent $525 two days before it's due without any kind of due process? And he says he's just trying to be a 'nice guy' and 'work things out with me' without having to go through the lawyers. I just told him that I need to make phone calls and talk to people before I knew what my situation was, and that I can't make any official decisions til I see something on paper. Hey, I don't care if he wants to evict me, I know I can't afford $1850+ for a real lease anyway. But making me pay $1500/mo instead of $975/mo while I look for a place ain't 'helping me out' like he says. I'm a wrong, or is this guy being unreasonable calling me every ten minutes for a decision?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name