Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Getting out of a Lease

Posted by Andrew on June 30, 2000 at 09:30:05:

I am interested in getting out of my one-year lease before it is up. There are about six months left on it. My building is up by Albany, NY.

The problem is that recently there was a small landslide across and down the street from my building. This required the street to be blocked off and only residents with a special permit are allowed through the police roadblock. It makes it impossible for me to have any visitors come and visit me and an annoyance to even go home or leave.

With this situation there are a number of large machines being operated during the day to try and resolve the problem. While at one point they believed the road was going to be reopened again the land slid again and now no one has an idea about how long it will be. The link below is to the site which shows pictures of the landslide. The image shows a view from the air and you can see my building is the one closest to the bottom of the picture in the lower-right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name