Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

PLZ READ + RESPOND ASAP ..thank you

Posted by Bryan Knight on July 27, 2000 at 09:46:57:

I had just signed a 6 month lease with my current landlord, whom I obtained the apt because we are friends.We had a 6 month lease that started in Nov '99 + ended May 1st, 2000. There was no renewal of a lease at this time. After that lease ended I was looking for a new apt where my roommate was planning on staying.

July 7 I did receive an offer to move to a new location....Informing my landlord that I may be leaving in 30 days...After thinking about it, I decided not to accept the new apt, informing my landlord of this.whereas my LL all of the sudden springs a lease on us, kind of 'out of spite', for us to sign(another 6 month)..to keep me there cause we are such good tenants.SO Im thinking that she is doing this just because she knows that I am looking for a new place..With not enough time...She basically 'forced' us to sign it when she knocked on the door, no time to consider...Not knowing how long it would actually take to find a new apt I signed the new lease.+ regret it now.I really want to get out... Now, basically what I am asking is that
A. the lease that we just signed does not go into effect until AUGUST 1
Does that Mean I can change my nind between now + july 31 + get out of the lease?
B. What could be my other options be

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name