Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Death by Screech

Posted by Brandon on July 27, 2000 at 18:25:07:

Problem #2-

I live in a first floor apartment within adjoined to the exterior door of my walk-up building. This door, for the past 4 months or so, has produced an unbelievably loud high pitched screech nearly every time it is opened. The frame is off balance and the bottom of the door rubs the ground, producing this intolerable noise.

Now, this may seem insignificant, but this is no normal noise. It makes the apartment unbearable on weekends (when foot traffic is greatest), can cause your stomach to curdle, and wakes me up in the middle of the night frequently. It can be heard by tenants two floors up in the back of the building. Rarely does a 15 minute period pass where it doesn't occur.

I have requested for three months, both of my super ( who lives here), and of the management company that this problem be fixed. To date I have received no response. The question is - do I have any recourse? Obviously it is not as serious as not having heat, but it is none the less extremely serious.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name