Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

ConEd bill to high....

Posted by artie on July 28, 2000 at 15:48:20:

I live in a rent stabilized building in Brooklyn. All year long I have been receiving estimated bills from ConEd. Yesterday I received a bill which was way to high. I had just went earlier this month and paid my bill in full for the amount of over $200. Now I have another bill which is over $100. I am wondering if the LL is stealing my current to supply electricity to the common areas in the building. I have requested for ConEd to come check the meter to find out what is going on. Since ConEd can only gain access to the basement when the super is there I have my suspicions. The basement stays locked constantly due to the fact that the LL has transformedit into what I feel is an illegal living unit for the super. Can anyone give me any advise on this situation. Every time these estimated bills arrive I try to pay them fairly, by paying on time. But I just keep falling behind when an actual reading comes and the charges are just so outrageous. Help if you can....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name