Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Tricked into unfair rent increase for Stabilized apt.

Posted by Phil Shore on July 29, 2000 at 14:08:50:

I have been living in a rent-stabilized apartment for the past three years. I just recently got a lease renewal. I signed it by mistake.
The landlord knocked on my door and demanded that I sign the lease renewal at that moment. I explained to them that it was $30 a month hire then that, which the Rent guidelines board has set. In fact I spent hours going to the public DHCR meetings watching the yes men for the mayor ignore every word the tenants said in protest to the rent hikes, the board puts into laws, each and every year.

Well in any case in all the confusion I signed the rent renewal form, just trying to bypass the hassle and the expense of hiring a lawyer at $300
and hour just to go to a pro landlord court sitting around for hours, for what is nothing more then around $400 a year. How do these republicans and the people that vote these republicans in see that they (republicans) are anti-tax? This is $400 a year even above the double speak $15 a month; Poor tax ($275 a year). Which by the way this Republican stacked board put this unjust law into afffect. And comes to around $600 a year. Which is just more I have to pay on tax, this year. Why do I call it a tax? For me a tax is a tax. I don't care if it's done by the state or by right of some corporation it's still a tax.
Well to get to what I was saying in this great illusion of mirrors in the great landlord tenant debate. I never signed a lease in all the three years I was living here. They explained to me that the form they file with Albany each year was the lease. That form is called an Annual Apartment Registration form RR-2A, from the Division of Housing and Community Renewal. I never signed the form; there is no place to put my signature on it.

If our greatest American President were alive John F Kennedy he would not allow the local state to use the real estate industry to unfairly tax the people of New York. I have voted Democratic all my life, this election I was not going to vote at all, but, now I am going to vote for our next great American President AL Gore. Why? In my opinion Al Gore is and experimentalist, he will put in affective representatives for the people. The Republicans will not now, nor could they in the past show that there formulas helped us be more democratic Americans. The fact of the matter is that way to many card carrying republicans are wasting taxpayer money. Vote the idiots out of office and vote the straight democratic line and for our next great American president AL Gore.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name