Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: are pictures worth as much as they say??

Posted by Stacy on August 25, 2000 at 17:40:06:

In Reply to: are pictures worth as much as they say?? posted by artie on August 25, 2000 at 17:28:23:

: A couple of months ago I went to court with my LL for rent/repair issues. The settlement we agreed upon was that the LL would fix the repairs as necessary in my apartment and I would agree to pay back arrears he claimed was due. I kept up with my side of the agreement and paid my monthly rents plus installment payments towards the back rent. The work that was done to my apartment was terrible at the least and now is even worse than before. My sink pours water underneath the cabinet and is rusting out a brand new sink cabinet. Also, the water is soaking the whole carpet starting from the sink area and moving towards the bedroom and living room. I have taken pictures of this and other work required areas and I am planning on going back to see the judge who oversaw our case- as he himself instructed me to do if the repairs were not completed on time. I have repeatedly informed and physically shown the leaking sink and soaked carpet to the LL and he has continued to make false promises on when the repairs would be done. Also, underneath my carpet is new plywood which I installed(plywood being at the LL's expense,workmanship was done by me) about a year ago is beginning to warp. I an worried about waterdamage to the wood and also any fungus which may begin to form due to the wet and moistened conditions. My girlfriend, whom lives with me, has already gotten a cold from walking on the wet carpet. Will any pictures that I take help me when I go see the judge and how can I prove that the photos are recent? By the way I live in a rent stabilized apartment in Brooklyn.

One trick I've heard for proving photos are recent is to hold a newspaper with that day's date in the frame. Not foolproof, but probably good enough.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name