Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Primary Residence

Posted by Liza on August 27, 2000 at 17:56:34:

What is the necessary proof one must have to maintain a rent stabilized apartment in a large building in Queens as a primary residence? Soon after I signed a lease in March, 2000, I was offered a job on a touring theatrical production and would like to have a friend and my sister house-sit my apartment while I am away (I will still be paying the rent). My landlord knows that I was out of town from the first of June until the end of August, and I am scheduled to be out of town again from mid-September until end of May, 2001. I will not be living at one address while I am out of town - the show will take me to a different city in the US every week during this time frame. I'm afraid that he will not renew my lease because I have been out of the apartment for so long, even though my drivers' lisence is registered to this address, my voter registration is at this address, my mail still comes to this address and I intend to file my 2000 tax return to this address. I want to be up front with him, but I also want to have an apartment to come home to next May!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name