Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

New York City Tenants -- please read

Posted by Kenny Hawk on August 27, 2000 at 18:52:00:

Ever since I identified myself as a tenant's lawyer in my posts of August 6th and 10th -- when I explained the concept of "illusory tenancy" and the remedies available to people in such a situation -- I have been inundated with e-mails from tenants asking all sorts of questions......Although I have responded to some e-mails, and spoken to some tenants on the phone, I would like to inform the board that I no longer handle typical rent overcharge cases, because they take too long to resolve and I can't afford to take on any more contingency cases.
I still handle illusory tenant cases, and cases where the tenant is willing to pay me on an hourly basis. (I accept many pro bono cases already from my friends at Legal Aid.)
Finally, to those who are asking me specific questions....I think it is much better if you would ask such questions on the TenantNet board.... for two reasons: first, I'd prefer to give legal advice on a message board, so all who read the board can benefit from the advice, and second, no one is as smart as all of us combined, so any questions posed on the message board, may elict many different answers..... although I am very experienced and knowledgeable about landlord and tenant matters...having been practicing for 10 years....every now and then I still learn a new thing or two from the responses on this board, and I certainly have been been informed about other interesting web sites from reading the messages on this board.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name