Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Roomate/Rent problems! Help!!!

Posted by JT on August 29, 2000 at 16:41:00:

I am in a rental house in Scottsdale AZ. I have one roomate, and we are both equally on the lease. We did not have a written agreement about utility payments, it was merely "You pay these, and I'll pay those". Well he has been staying with his girlfriend since June, and him and I had some words and no longer speak to each other. He wrote a letter demanding payment for the utilities he paid while he was not sleeping there (but he still gets mail there, and has plenty of personal items there). I refused silently by moving out. I left a note saying I would return to clean before end of lease (Sept. 5th). I returned today to clean, and found that the locks were changed, and there was a note on the door stating that he must be there to grant access to me so I can clean.

My questions are: Can he legally change the locks? Do I have the right to enter the premises? Since there isn't a written agreement for utilities, do I have to pay him?

I have contacted the landlord, and am waiting for his solution to this dilema. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jason

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name