Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

BUM ADVICE: from people who have never been to court.

Posted by John on August 30, 2000 at 10:05:22:

In Reply to: The only scary thing here is BUM ADVICE posted by Unstoppable Ed on August 28, 2000 at 18:14:30:

It seems you never have been to Housing Court, because when you state the law and you act like you know it, but contantly contradict yourself in other postings.

I have been to court... And everything that is said and done is completely different than what the law states.

For example: I started an HP Action against my landlord a few years ago for repairs, and the Judge ordered the landlord to repair violations defined as 30 days 90 days, etc. which some where rent impairing violations.

On our return to court because nothing was done for me, the landlord claimed that he/managing agents were not given access to the apartment and that the time they had been too short.

This is to say that most of the violations verifed were in the common areas and in the basement, so because he didn't want to fix anything in the building and contine being a slumlord he did nothing.

In reply the Judge allowed the landlord more time to fix the problems with the building, and contiued this routine for over and over again for over a year.

At the time with a current (2) year lease agreement in a non- stablized building the landlord did everything in his power to get me to move including cutting off services and threats to my family which I reported to the police.

Nothing was done during those times... And in the end I moved out bitter and abused, because the Judge did nothing, the police did nothing, and with out a lawyer to present the fact and provide proof of abuse... You will not receive the help you need which is why I always end my postings with good luck.

So, don't scare people in to thinking they don't have a choice. Just explain the process and tell them to seek a housing lawyer immediately.

: Read my original posting and my responses to "Just Right" Apparently facts, the law, and common sense are a bit to much for some people to grasp here.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name