Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Zero chance of success

Posted by MikeW on August 30, 2000 at 17:46:39:

In Reply to: Class Action Suit? & Roomate rights posted by Michael O'Donnell on August 30, 2000 at 10:57:24:

The problem is the market, not collusion. Near zero supply and endless demand. And alot of the reason is that the government is screwing up the market.

If you don't have a regulated apartment at this point, you're never going to get one, at least in Manhattan or a decent part of the boroughs.

: You seem to be a great organization, but one thing no tenants' organization even addresses is the following: I have never had a lease in my name the entire 10 years I've lived in NYC; I've always shared apartments. Consequently I've always been at the whim of whoever the primary tenant is. (These have included lunatics and drug addicts who under current law have carte blanche to disrupt your life and evict you at will) It is impossible to get a lease in my name
: since I'm not wealthy. I can't be the only one in this situation. When will someone address this problem?
: also...

: Has your organization ever considered a class action suit against landlords and real estate agencies for price fixing ang gouging. In the last three years they have succeeded in making it impossible to even rent a room in Manhattan for less than 1,000$ a month. Can antitrust law address this? I'm very interested to hear an expert comment on these matters,
: Sincerely, Michael O'Donnell

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name