Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord not returning Security Deposit----> Better yet

Posted by richard on August 01, 2000 at 13:54:29:

In Reply to: Re: Landlord not returning Security Deposit----> anything I can do? posted by richard on August 01, 2000 at 13:49:48:

Why not fed ex a box or three of stuff to your parents, or family for safe keeping..

This is the common way of doing business down South, yeah Illegal, but if you can't find de stuff and aint got no innvetory... waaada ya gonna do?

=============================================================

: You'd better remove stuff TODAY.what if the FBI gets an order to inventory the apartment, Hide it some where, fast.....small stuff gold diamonds rings, CD's yes compact discs.. (leave a few) NOT the big stuff that would be too easy to see it's missing........get a safe deposit box or storage room

: What do you think this guy has his contents inventoried..NAHHHH!

: Also Once the LL finds out you both will probably be evicted.
: Unless he accepts your rent the you will know if youve been overcharged

: Now is it rent stabilized? what is his rent and what are you paying?
:
: Take a personal day of two off tomorrow....

: ====================================

: : ok. this is an incredible story but here goes...
: : The guy I am subletting the apartment from, is now a fugitive from the FBI. He has my two months' security deposit because I am subletting for the summer, and he says he has a lot of expensive equipment in the house (fair enough). Now that he doesnt look like he's going to return with the money, what can I do?

: : Should I just take his stuff in exchange for the money I paid? Is that fair? Legal?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name