Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Read the Annual registration carefully.

Posted by John on August 08, 2000 at 14:02:22:

In Reply to: Unreasonable Rent Increase posted by Lesley on August 08, 2000 at 12:22:30:

I received the same thing yesterday, but under actual rent which was lower, was my rent ammount and the reason for this amount is that it was lowered rent.
My apartment goes for $768?? and the amount I pay is $650. I guess I am paying market prices in Ridgewood, Queens.

Read yours carefully and ask the landlord in reference to that.

Good luck

: I am in the process of resigning my lease for the 3rd year for my Park Slope, Brooklyn studio apartment. My rent the first year was $750. My landlord increased it $15 to $765 the next (which is what I am still paying).
: A few days ago I got an "Annual Apartment Registration" form (never gotten one before) which states that my rent was $828.68/month (first bit of confusion). A few days later I get my Lease Renewal Form which states that my landlord is increasing my rent 4% ON TOP of the mystery amount of $828.68 per month (second bit of confusion).

: My question is- what give's?! Has anyone heard of such a thing- meaning a 16% rent increase, without any notice, and 2 months late mind you. Or is my landlord a little confused himself?

: Any advice would be appreciated.
: Thanks very much.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name