Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Dealing with the Rap music upstairs..HELP!!

Posted by Unstoppable Ed on August 10, 2000 at 23:15:07:

In Reply to: Dealing with the Rap music upstairs..HELP!! posted by Allisya on August 10, 2000 at 17:34:40:

: Hello!

: My upstairs neighbor however comes home every day at 5 am and turns on Eminem so loud my house shakes.

Your first action must be to politely tell the neighbor that his noise is disturbing you, and ask him to turn it down. Hopefully, problem is solved there.

If you get nowhere with the neighbor, you next action would be to inform the landlord about the situation. Tell him that the music blasting is affecting your quiet enjoyment of your apartment.

:Today I was at my wits end and cranked my stereo for about 3 or 4 minutes just to see if they would get the message...I really do not want a confrontation with someone who could easily damage by vehichle or get a key to my apartment at will.

Damaging your vehicle or possesions would be plainly illegal. If he makes threats of this sort, notify the police. At the same time, don't blast music yourself, it obviously doesn't help and could only damage your position on the matter.

: Thanks in Advance
You're quite welcome.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name