Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Stabilized to destabilized: New lease

Posted by Mike on August 17, 2000 at 01:31:07:

Hey all of you, thanks for your advice on my posting about going from a stabilized to de-stabilized status, but unfortunately everyone answered the question I already knew the answer to: Yes I am aware that I have to be given fair warning about my de-stabilized status, and I was given fair warning.

BUT, HAVING PUT THAT PAST US, let me post the situation again - because I have all these technicalities which I need some expertise on.

So here's the situation, one more time:
: My apartment bldg's J-51 stabilization expired, which I was well forewarned of, and I'm now facing the prospect of siging a new de-stabilized lease.

My landlord first offered me a two-year lease.

This is a 150 unit building.

I know other tenants in the building who were given two-year, destabilized leases.

I signed the 2-year lease, (the landlord hadn't signed it yet) and the landlord then killed the deal, saying they changed their minds and they were now offering me a one year lease.

Do I have the right to consider this new offer of a one-year lease a "new offer" thereby making the new lease effective 120 days after I received it? (which would be about 3 months past the original lease beginning date of August 1). And if that's the case, do they then have to offer me a lease STATING the new beginning date?

Do I have any recourse at all? I feel jilted by these people for backing down on their initial offer, especially knowing that other tenants in the building were provided with two-year leases.

: This building has no tenants association.

: Please respond quickly, my time is running out!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name