Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

no Hot Water

Posted by christine on August 21, 2000 at 19:53:08:

I have been renting in Bayshore, Suffolk County for the last 3 years. The house is 114 years old and basically falling apart.

Since the first winter I lived here we have problems with the heat and hot water. The boiler is constantly breaking down due to lack of maintance. The landlord has even replaced it twice. Unfortunately, I have never reported any of this befroe.

Now I have not had hot water since before August 1st. When I leave messages for the landlord she does not call me back. I have the number to her business and also leave meassages there. (Did I forget to mention she owns a boiler company.) Problem is the guys they send to fix the boiler do not know how to fix it. For example. aguy was here yesterday afternoon to get the boiler running. Which is was. But today agian there is no hot water.

I called to report her to the town but I found out my apartment is not legal. I do not have the money to move. In addition she has two months rent which I know I will never see agian.

What can I do? I called the landlord and left the message that I was going to call a boiler company and have them fix it and deduct the cost from the rent. Can I do that?

HELP

I am dirty and so are my dishes.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name