Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: sub-tenant Hire the lawyer

Posted by Phil shore on September 01, 2000 at 15:01:43:

In Reply to: sub-tenant posted by Samantha on September 01, 2000 at 14:22:33:

I was overcharged rent in a stabilized apartment, as a subtenant. My lawyer was very experienced and I was happy with him, and I paid about your rate. If your happy with them , pay the $1000. I spent around 20 hours in post problems with my lawyer and he did not overcharge me.And we won in court.

: I've been reading Hawk's advice on illusory tenancy and it is exactly my situation. I am now faced with the question of trying to negotiate a deal with my landlord or let them take it to court. My questions are: Do I need a lawyer(at $1000.00) to negotiate with the landlord since most will be done through their attorneys or should I attempt this myself and if not successful retain the attorney for trial. Also, how reliable is legal aid in a tenant/landlord situation? My attorney to be has explained that it is more the experience of the attorney and the relationship the attorney has with the landlords and their legal teams when faced with cases like this. True? Approaching!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name