Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Unregulated heat in stabilized apartment in NYC

Posted by Kerry on September 05, 2000 at 01:38:16:

In Reply to: Unregulated heat in stabilized apartment in NYC posted by Phil Shore on September 04, 2000 at 14:46:39:

Hey Phil,

Letting you know something about myself, working as a plumber, and general handyman I can tell you the following:

Regardless of what kind of heater is being used, whether it is gas, oil etc. turning the hot water down is as simple as turning a dial on the system. If the dial isn't working then there are other major concerns that should be considered for everyones saftey. The other possibility is that the hot water mixing valve. Either way these are minor repairs at best. They should be relatively inexpensive to repair.

At 200 degrees the water is not hot enough to destroy the neopreen washers in your faucet. Neoprene can take much hotter tempertures. It isn't likely that it would cause damage to the steel seats inside your faucet either. However it is likely the seats are bad and need to be changed, especially if changing the washers has not stopped the leaking.

It interest me why these minor repairs have brought the two of you to negotiating the terms of purchase. But anyway, if you can purchase an apartment of any size at $100,000.00 in this market I wouldn't pass it up. I would be suspicious though.

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name