Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

here we go again !! please, no more pessimism and fear !!

Posted by just right all the time on September 06, 2000 at 13:26:03:

In Reply to: O Boy what I can tell you!! posted by Kerry on September 06, 2000 at 05:39:47:

Kerry, you are wrong advising the tenant to hide under their bed with a gas mask on !! The landlord has the duty to enter any apt with reasonable notice and to correct defects. The landlord needs to enter this garbage strewn apt and CLEAN IT UP. The landlord is responsible to maintain all the apt's in a safe and clean manner. The apt with garbage is not keeping the building in a safe and clean manner. The odors must be abominable and ghastly to the tenants living there. You do not have to wait for an eviction or a person going to a mental hospitable to clean up that apt. The landlord MUST clean it up plain and simple and if he does not then I would hold a rent strike until he does. I would not, however, hide under my bed with a gas mask on until he does, as you suggested in so many words.

I will NEVER advise anyone to roll over and play dead. You must have seen my other posts where I try to " lift people up" and get them to fight for their legal rights. I know that Tenant Net did not set up their web site to teach people to " play dead ": and run away from their problems.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name