Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Suffocated

Posted by Kuntsler on September 11, 2000 at 15:33:57:

In Reply to: Suffocated posted by Jim Jim on September 11, 2000 at 14:35:16:

I am no expert. But, what I would do I would call 911 and have the fire department inspect the building. If that did not work I would call the health department and ask for an air quality inspection. And, in the mean time I would call the county bar association and ask for ideas with a lawyer at a reduced fee. If your in NYC last time I checked it's $25 for one half if your referred by the local bar association. All cities have bar associations.

: In the building I work in we had absolutely no ventilation or air circlulation for 7 months. Neither the landlord or the company I work for did anything to remedy the situation. You literally could not breathe and they refused to allow us to open the window in the hallway. (The only way to get air.) The super of the building told me the owner didn't allow him to turn on the fresh air compressor. Is it possible to collect damages from the building owner or the company? I can't afford a lawyer and need advice. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name