Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

used a friend to be on lease realtor knew.. now problem

Posted by Laura on September 11, 2000 at 22:20:32:

Hi, I have a question that maybe somebody can help with. I'm in Manhattan highrise that goes up 5% every year. I've been living there for almost 6 years. When my roommate and I needed an apt we went to a realtor. I said upfront that I had two dogs and that I needed a place ASAP that accepted them. By the next day, we were giving up a ton of money to take the first thing we could get. We couldn't get the acceptence with our names on the lease at the time. The realtor suggested we use a friends info who would be willlling to be the name on the lease. So we did. He never signed the lease (we did), however his name has been on the lease since. We have continued getting renewals every year and signing then ourselves. We haven't had any problems with them accepting this. My second dog died... My old super left and we got a new super for the building.. I got another dog.. this super says I can't have one (even though the law says I can). He has threatened us with eviction if we don't get rid of the dog because we are not the name on the lease. I know he can't make me get rid of he dogaccording to NYC Administrative Code Sec. D: 26-10.10, but what are my rights (if any) regarding the lease? The Management company has known since day one that we were NOT the people (person) that is technically named on the lease.We have signed our own names on all the leases. Is there any way they can evict us for this after almost 6 years?
TIA
Worried in NYC~

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name