Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NO !

Posted by Ken on September 12, 2000 at 00:37:30:

In Reply to: Re: Suffocated posted by Kuntsler on September 11, 2000 at 15:33:57:

: what I would do I would call 911 and have the fire department inspect the building.

Please ! 911 is for life-threatning EMERGENCIES ONLY. CALL 911 ONLY IF A LIFE IS ON THE LINE. 911 is most certainly NOT a number for landlord-tenant problems or to summon a general building inspection. If you use 911 for these purposes you will most certainly be rebuffed and are wasting the operator's time which may be greatly needed by someone with a true emergency.

There are companies that do indoor air-quality testing and consulting. The phone book is one obvious place find them. As this is a private matter between a commercial tenant and building owner a city agency would not get involved (barring some other condition, such as industrial pollution being generated).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name