Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: court postponed.....

Posted by chelsea on September 15, 2000 at 21:07:01:

In Reply to: court postponed..... posted by artie on September 15, 2000 at 12:42:24:

Was the inspector from the Building Department or HPD?

If it was the Building Department, try the automated system at 212-312-8467. You can get a voice and/or faxed report with information on your building address, including violations. If there are violations, you can get a more detailed version from the construction inspection counter at the Building Department, though it's not a fun process. But Building Department violations are adjuicated by the Environmental Control Board, not Housing Court. A Housing Court judge may not want to act on them, depending on the violation.

If it was an HPD inspector sent by the court in an HP action, I think you pick up the notice of the violation in court. I think HPD also mails you a copy. I've found it difficult to get copies of inspection reports from HPD.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name