Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need to obtain copy of original lease

Posted by richard on September 19, 2000 at 18:09:07:

In Reply to: Need to obtain copy of original lease posted by Dawn on September 19, 2000 at 16:17:09:

YES are probably got ripped off on the rent for the last 6 years, and the apartment was probably rent controlled, and he overcharged you... But there is nothing you can do becuase you can only go back 4 years.....

You can go to DHCR and get a rental history of your apartment and see if the rent oyu are paying is what he is reporting to DHCR...let us know if its different.

Now for the rest of the will learn your lesson from this NEVER EVER lose a lease,or your reciepts... if you are forgetful, sloppy, then rent a safe deposit box so it can be safe.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name