Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Being evicted - but....

Posted by Yafa on September 27, 2000 at 02:46:57:

Landlord evicting me after 17 yrs in attic apt that I was told at the beginning that it was legal. Not disputing move, just need a bit more time due to disability of chronic pain. I am in the process of moving to Fla, but:

I got the summons to appear in court with the summons in order to answer it. There are about 3 reasons listed. 1 is an absolute lie, 1 is totally exaggerated & LL had protected me in that incident (2nd floor occ). And the 3rd which is the illegal apt info, I was lied to from the very beginning!

What I want to know is that the LL is now saying this apt is illegal. I had asked about this 17yrs ago & was told it was legal. ("If they wanted a gas stove, a fire escape would have to be attached. Because they put in an electric stove, & there is another exit, the apt. WAS legal!)

I would like some info re: the Legal/illegal apt. Please understand, that due to the disability, I find that I can no longer walk the stairs & have to move because of my health. "Things" are in the works already, although I would need approx 2 more months.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name