Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Replacing leaseholder

Posted by Trisha on September 27, 2000 at 08:44:12:

re: New York City apartment

If Mr. and Mrs. Jones get divorced and both parties' names were on the lease of rent-stabilized apartment, if Mr. Jones moves out, can Ms. Jones legally allow an extra roommate (who will not be officially added onto the lease) to move in to the unit (to take Mr. Jones's place), IN ADDITION to another non-related person that the couple already had living there prior to the divorce? This would make two non-related people living in the apartment. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

  • P.S. Trisha 09/27/00 (0)

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name