Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Succession Rights??!!!

Posted by richard on October 06, 2000 at 19:52:24:

In Reply to: Succession Rights??!!! posted by Tramar on October 06, 2000 at 17:47:51:

I think we answered that for you a log time ago...when the new law took effect in june 30, 1997 (i think Mark help us out) if he had sucession rights as of that date then he is covered...that means 2 FULL years or June 30 ,1995 and give an extra month or two for good measue....

So the Million Dollar question IS: can he PROVE that was his permenant adreess on June 30 th 1995?

Check accounts, bank account, driver license, when did he start school? Did he rent a Uhual? did he shut off any utilities somewhere else?, did he have a lease somewhere else and it expired before June 30th 1995?

HOW did he move to NYC? car, plane, bus? get the ticket, or did he use a credit card for gas along the way?

You must backtrack and find all accounts to that date...remember ALL of you are fighting over 1/4 of a MILLION DOLLARS OR MORE! so you must have every little piece of information you can find.... and then some more..

=================

: Hi. My fiance is going through a succession rights case with her landlord's company. Here is the scoop in a nutshell. Her aunt passed of cancer this past May. She moved in to help her aunt about 4-5 years ago because of her illness. She has school, bank records and various other pieces of information denoting that she did live there.

: Now the landlord is saying that she doesn't have succession rights. My finace has proof that she has been living there for 5 years. She also took an EMT course so she could be better equipped to assist her aunt. Is there any law or information regarding succession rights and these types of cases? Anybody know of any information that can be used to strengthen our case? After the case is over, I will post the results. It begans the week of Oct 8th. Thanks.

: P.S. What about the rent? If it was a rent-controlled apartment while the aunt was alive, does that mean my fiance can get the apartment for the same amount? If not, what percentage can they go up on rent and that includes needed repairs (apartment is over 40 years old)?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name