Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Looks like Richard and Mark have a History of Conflicting Views. Anyone else??

Posted by Tramar on October 08, 2000 at 12:28:45:

In Reply to: Succession Rights??!!! posted by Tramar on October 06, 2000 at 17:47:51:

: Hi. My fiance is going through a succession rights case with her landlord's company. Here is the scoop in a nutshell. Her aunt passed of cancer this past May. She moved in to help her aunt about 4-5 years ago because of her illness. She has school, bank records and various other pieces of information denoting that she did live there.

: Now the landlord is saying that she doesn't have succession rights. My finace has proof that she has been living there for 5 years. She also took an EMT course so she could be better equipped to assist her aunt. Is there any law or information regarding succession rights and these types of cases? Anybody know of any information that can be used to strengthen our case? After the case is over, I will post the results. It begans the week of Oct 8th. Thanks.

: P.S. What about the rent? If it was a rent-controlled apartment while the aunt was alive, does that mean my fiance can get the apartment for the same amount? If not, what percentage can they go up on rent and that includes needed repairs (apartment is over 40 years old)?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name