Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Established Occupant/Resident.....What are my rights?

Posted by Lynn on October 09, 2000 at 18:03:24:

I am one of two occupants, plus the tenant/lease holder, sharing a three bedroom apartment. I entered into the share agreement at the beginning of this year and have been paying rent there ever since. Without going into detail, the tenant is very volatile and clearly has communication issues. He recently exploded on me citing a number of irrantional accusations about my behavior. In all the months I have lived there, he never once tried to communicate any concerns that he had....and since we live totally separate lives and rarely see eachother, I had no idea he was upset. Plus, our other roommate acually admitted that he was responsible for many of the problems(ie. leaving a door open, moving stuff around, etc.) tenant was accusing me of. But the tenant is set on me leaving.....which I intend to do. However, I would like to know what legal recourse I have in terms of time???? I have heard that one establishes residency after 90 consecutive days. What does this entitle me to? My big issue is that I want to find a place that is reasonably equivalent with regards to price, location, and overall security. This may take a few months. Any advice?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name