Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Same as paying a stranger a brokers fee.

Posted by John on November 03, 2000 at 14:30:41:

In Reply to: switching apartments posted by chynna on November 02, 2000 at 19:41:34:

While not too many people will agree with me... I think it would be wise, that if you wanted the other bigger apartment then to pay the brokers fee to your landlord and take the apartment for your enjoyment. No legal mumbo jumbo. Just common sense. Your relationship with you landlord will determine if the deal will be fair or just.

If for no other reason other than to leave your current home and you wanted to move in to another building or house you will have to a pay a brokers fee to that stranger and no way of knowing if this is a real opportunity.

Either way the landlord will get someone to move in to the apartment and it may as well be you. Unless your not ready to move, can afford the new rent amount or don't trust your landlord.

(Supers ask for Key money and landlords can ask for more than one months rent as deposit)

And you didn't say where you are from and if it is a rent stablizled building or private home.

Different living conditions brings different results. Please provide more information.

: my landlord was going to let me have a bigger , cleaner, safer apartment in one of his buildings. He said that i can transfer my security deposit but still have to pay the first months rent and brokers fee.... i do not see why i would have to pay him a brokers fee when i lived in one of his buildings for to years.....can anyone shine the light on this situation????

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name