Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

eviction notice

Posted by jane on November 09, 2000 at 12:45:05:

Help!--I've just been informed by my roommate (who is on the lease) that he's had some trouble making rent and was too embarrassed to tell me, and now we've been slapped with an eviction notice, which he's been sitting on since Tuesday! Our apt is in Brooklyn, it's rent-stabilized, and the landlord is a company, not a person, which is new to me. I'm afraid my roommate is going to just skip town, move back home, whatever--he apparently is not working much either, and is usually home during the day and has been receiving the late-rent notices and such. Oh, and I just switched jobs, so taking off half a day to sit in court is really not an option for me right now. I feel like I have to take care of this thing myself, just to make sure it is indeed taken care of. I've just sent them $1k, but there's still a balance of $1.5k that I won't be able to pay off until next week. Any advice is much appreciated--thank you!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name