Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Your question was asked an answered ... what more do you want ?

Posted by Ken on November 13, 2000 at 18:26:05:

In Reply to: you sir are a rude little troll posted by Will on November 13, 2000 at 00:06:27:

You asked if your coop could require that a licensed tradesman do repairs in your apartment, and I told you the answer. You may not like the answer, but I gave you the facts ... take it up with your coop board if you have a problem, not here.

It is not my business what rent you pay, you are the one who brought that up. Yes I do "judge" you to be a cheapskate since you want to welch on hiring a licensed tradesman, especially given your artifically low rent. But again, that is a matter between you, the tradesman, and your coop board, no need for you to bring that up here.

: WHat business is it of yours is it what kind of rent someone is paying? How dare you judge anybody for their living circumstance....just answer the questions and leave the abuse out of it if you please...

: Had a bad day??? take it out somewhere else!

:
: Will

: : Your "lovely" coop board is absolutely free to impose any rules it wants. If you don't like them, as a shareholder you have the right to vote your shares in the annual board election for any candidate you want (persuant to the co-ops bylaws and your proprietary lease). Yes, co-ops can be much more of a pain than condos.

: : Virtually all coops and condos require that only licensed, insured tradespeople work in the building. Some go a lot further (way too far) in terms of approving work to be done.

: : You mentioned that you are rent controlled. If thats the case you probably pay less than $200 a month for an apartment while your neighbors took out loans and pay over $1000 for apartments like yours. Somehow I bet you can scrape together the money to hire a bonded trademan.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name