Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LL not depositing checks

Posted by home improver on November 14, 2000 at 00:08:51:

A new landlord (and Management company) has taken over my building. I deal only with the management company. My building is stabilized. when I first moved in here I had an agreement (documented by email) with the previous management company to do some construction in this apartment.

Shortly after the new company took over I needed to have my bath sink repaired. Before they would do the repairs the manager came to my apartment. The matter of the construction came up and the manager told me that I could do no more construction without permission and asked that I provide the documentation of my agreement with the previous management company. I have not done any construction since the new management took over.

Its been about 3 months now and the new management company has not deposited any of my checks. I spoke to the manager about this and he said that they were not depositing the checks until they receive the documentation and confirm that everything is "on the up and up". Im fairly certain that they would like to evict people and try to de-control the building as soon as possible. Am I obligated to turn over documents? Should I? What about the Checks?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name