Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

STOP complaining already -- DO something

Posted by Dawn on November 16, 2000 at 13:56:45:

In Reply to: Eyes on ECB Violations # 34257425K & 34264551R posted by SRO Eagle on November 16, 2000 at 01:10:42:

Tim, it's time you stopped clogging up the channels here and do something. You wrote me again, repeating about the Certificate of Occupancy and what the LL stands to lose or gain, and so I'm posting this publicly for the world here to see.

Seeing that you're still posting the same thing over and over again, here's some questions for you to think over, Tim. Are you asking to correct it? Was the current landlord the one in charge when the Certificate was given out? If no new Certificate of Occupancy was given out and there is just that one, even if it's considered some kind of mistake, then it may be considered the FINAL one to go with, period. You may not be accepting of that, but that may be the final line. Now, Tim, what are you doing about it? Withholding rent in an escrow account and taking the landlord to court? Did you contact the Manhattan Borough President and Commissioner and Mark Green like I suggested to you when you asked who is who? How come I give you info and you don't DO ANYTHING with it? What is the REAL agenda you have here? You rave on and on about conspiracy yet you go in circles and yell in your postings for anyone and everyone to call some stupid number. Who is going to pay back the 47 year list of mistakes incurred by this Certificate and what do you expect to get from it? Did you LIVE there 47 years? What kind of benefit do you THINK you're going to get? Or do you CARE at all??? What's REALLY going on here? I would suggest, as I've suggested since the very FIRST e-mails I've responded with to you, is to GO TO AN ATTORNEY. I told you to look up in the Yellow pages for an attorney that you asked who would work "pro bono". If you do not want to help your building, or your fellow tenants, and just want to fill up this board with your raving e-mails, then it may become clearer to people like me who actually gave you some concrete advice to not bother giving you any, anymore. Consult with an attorney, and if you have to pay, see if you can band with other tenants and pool some money to get something done about the fee. Otherwise, GO THE MEDIA -- I don't care, just DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE, please. Bitching here is NOT going to change that Certificate, Tim. You got lots of free advice from people here and now it's the time to get into action and go through the proper legal channels. Call those offices I told you about. NOW.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name