Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Dog my cats

Posted by Ken on November 16, 2000 at 19:30:23:

In Reply to: new landlord posted by Irena on November 16, 2000 at 10:11:04:

Its a grey area, because the three months refers to "openly and conspicously" keeping a dog (like walking it by the super every day, having it by the door when the landlord arrives). What does your lease say about pets ?

I think it really depends upon what kind of policies your building has. If you live in a no-pet building, you could well have the other tenants turn you in if you keep a dog. On the other hand if there are dogs throughout the building its probably not a problem. As another poster has pointed out, if you can get the department landlord to put a rider in your lease allowing you to keep a dog that would solve it.

: I have a question, I have a dog in a rent stabilized apt in Manhattan, which I have had in that apt for over one year, I know that dog is legally there now because of the whole 3 months rule and the such. Currently, I think that the landlord is about to sell the building, does this put me and my dogs in any danger if I get a new owner of the building?

: Thanks!
: Irena

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name