Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: TO MINI:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by richard on November 19, 2000 at 23:17:59:

In Reply to: Re: the answer and a thanks to Tenant.Net posted by Mini on November 19, 2000 at 18:06:29:

NO Dear:

I live in a 2 family house with a very decent landlord......I try and do whatever it takes to make sure we stay here.....

When it snows I get out there at 7 am and help shovel the sidewalk and driveway, my LL is 71 years old and it just makes sense to help him.

When he goes away for 2 weeks to his home upstate I try and fix anything that is minor, and he pays for it when he gets home..... (I think that is one of the reasons he rented it to us)

SO WHEN YOU HAVE A GREEDY LANDLORD ......things are different.

YES you can have another roomate......but WHY take a chance on him trying to evict you over something stupid.

If you need the money get a second JOB. Or cut back you expenses, you have a cheap apartment, TREAT IT LIKE GOLD!

In this case being practical FAR outweighs any benefits you would recieve by taking the landlord to court and forcing him to let you have another roomate.

=============================================================

: Richard - darling. Perhaps you are no lucky enought a have a rent-controlled apartment and therefore the resentment imlicit in your reply.

: Also - Richard if you knew about the greddy and very rich landlord inthis case then you might want to get off your pedistal.

: Dear Tenant Net - thanks you are great people. So i guess from your initial reoply that per the Real Estate Property law - yes - one can have more than one roomate if one has a standard. rent-controlled lease. I live in a co-op building and they are trying to control all the coming and goings like fiends and i think i have this right dsespite whatever they may want to control.

: Forgive me also if this reply arouses a response from Richard but open communication is important and i am not sure there is a clear answer to my question yet for others who may be readin this forum.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name