Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: My Landlord has defaulted on her mortgage!!

Posted by Dawn on December 12, 2000 at 18:13:25:

In Reply to: My Landlord has defaulted on her mortgage!! posted by Tom H on December 12, 2000 at 12:36:28:

As long as you have the signed lease and evidence (read: receipts) of rent timely paid by you, then there would not be an issue for you -- it's the landlord's problem. I would stay mum and DO NOT repeat this informattion to ANYBODY or ANYONE, period. Are you rent stabilized? Where do you live? How long have you lived there? Were you late before? Do you know if the building is in the process of being sold? How did you come across the information about the landlord not paying her mortgage? Please tell me you didn't go through her mail -- that's private and a felony!

: My lanlord was served papers yesterday, because she has defaulted on her mortgage. It states she hasn't made mortgage payments in SIX MONTHS! I have been religiously paying her rent on-time for the past six months. What should I do? Who should I pay rent to? Who will evict me? Do I still have to the end of my lease? Do I squat the place until the marshall shows up with an eviction notice? Please let me know my rights? I haven't let her know that I know about this yet, and I'm not sure she has been physically served the papers yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name