Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

do explain

Posted by Ken on December 12, 2000 at 21:40:17:

In Reply to: Re: My Landlord has defaulted on her mortgage!! posted by   on December 12, 2000 at 20:14:51:

Someone (anonymously) has claimed that Dawn and I are wrong, yet has failed to state how or even give any advice other than fear mongering.

My post was quite clear as to the tenant's rights and responsibilities. Even with a month to month tenancy, there would be 30 days notice to terminate it. If the tenant's lease is subordinate to a mortgage, as anonymous seems to imply, the lease would say so.

As Dawn and I pointed out, the tenant somehow got notice of the impending foreclosure before the landlady. Why or how, we do not know. But in any case, he doesn't need to "do" anything differently, just pay the rent like he always has. If there is a change of ownership or if his tenancy is to be terminated, he would receive proper notice and could take it from there.

I challenege anonymous to come out from anonymity and respond to the facts I have posted here.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name