Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Any stop to rent stab. increases EVER?

Posted by gary on December 14, 2000 at 11:27:04:

In Reply to: Any stop to rent stab. increases EVER? posted by Helen on December 11, 2000 at 16:28:47:

Some years back LLs were in fact NOT raising the rent, because the housing market was cold. So yes, that is conceivable.
Should you check the math--absolutely.
Should you politely ask for no increase. Again, yes. What's the harm? They may say yes, if they like you. If not--what's the harm?
And no, you are raising excellent questions. They are not at all "ignorant."

: Excuse my ignorance, but I need advice about my ever-increasing rent.
: I lived the past 3 years in a large one bedroom in a 7 floor elevator pre-war rent stab. in Riverdale (Bronx).
: Because I am from Florida, where they NEVER raise the rent, I was too stupid to understand the 2-year lease could work in my favor until now. The first year my rent was $1000. The second year it was $1020 plus change. The third, $1040. Now it's going up to $1062 for one year, and $1100 for two year.
: Here's my questions:
: 1.Do they NEVER stop raising the rent in NYC?
: 2. Does a polite letter to the landlord entity ever make them STOP raising the rent? Even for one year?
: 3. Is it worth it to look for errors in his rent stab. math?
: 4. Or should I quit my cryin' and either pay up for find a cheaper place?
: Like I said, this is an ignorant question, but any advice would be greatly appreciated

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name