Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Clarification-- landlord's non-payment claim

Posted by Diane on December 18, 2000 at 00:24:16:

To clarify my previous message, there was still ten months left on my lease when I abandoned that unsafe totally gross building, 110 Ninth Ave.,
managed by Granite Management. I had at one time filed a complaint with the Housing Dept. because there were no smoke alarms, and they responded within hours, I was very impressed with them. Granite expressed shock and disbelief that my apt. didn't have a smoke alarm, the same incredulous kind of response I got when I complained there were mice in my apt. Imagine, mice in an ill-maintained 120 year old tenement building. You'd think I had told them little Martians were seeping in through cracks in the floor or something.
Unfortunately I think I threw out the numerous letters I had faxed to them early last year complaining on various issues-- mice, no heat-- there was no heater in the apt, they took it out to put in a closet-- and noisy neighbors.
The rent I owe them would be two months, for a total of $2200. And if you subtract the security deposit, I guess that would just be $1100.
Thank you both for your advice, I couldn't figure out how to put this response below my first message.
I really don't want to pay these people another dime, just as a matter of principle.
-Diane

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name