Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do I find out who owns my building?

Posted by Dawn on January 02, 2001 at 18:31:59:

In Reply to: Re: How do I find out who owns my building? posted by William Monell on December 27, 2000 at 10:17:35:

: : : How do I find out the name of the owner of my building? I pay my rent to a management company (Pashtrik Realty @ 2724 University Ave Bronx) and would like to correspond directly with the owner.

The management company IS the owner. Have you called the company to find out who owns the management company or who is the president? You can try the Better Business Bureau to see if they're listed as well. If it's an LLC formed company then it might be harder since everyone can LLC themselves nowadays.

Is there a publication or a website (preferrably the latter) that will give me this information. Thanks. The website www.nolo.com was one that I offered. You can also check bbb.com (better business bureau) or type in on a search engine (lycos, yahoo, etc) the name of the company and the location it's at and see what comes up. You can also try the Department of Preservation and Housing and with the building I.D. number, can find out who owns it. If they give you the management company, then you're back to dealing with the management company. I asked if you were rent stabilized because if you have a lease, whoever signed it would be the person you talk to. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name