Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Noisy upstairs tenant

Posted by Fran on January 03, 2001 at 09:07:26:

I live in Queens in a non-rent stabilized apartment building (Townhouse), currently have no lease (did not agree to increase and landlord lowered rent, but did not provide new lease). There is a tenant above me that works out 3 nights a week and sometimes on weekends on a stairmaster. My whole apartment shakes due to the banging of the machine. I have tried to inform the upstairs tenant of the nuisance (but due to several other problems we've had in the past) she refuses to answer her bell nor respond to me. I have notified the landlord of the problem several times and he has said he would send her a letter advising her that the stairmaster would be banned from all apartments(this was due to the annoying noise they make). For the past two months this has been going on, and yet he still states he will take care of the situation. She waits for me to get home around 8:00pm then by 8:30pm she is on the machine purposely knowing that it disturbs my peace and quiet. She does anything to annoy me stomping around, letting her dogs run, etc. What can I do to finally make it stop!! I can't take it anymore, and can't afford to move yet, please advise.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name