Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: noisy neighbors upstairs

Posted by gary on January 04, 2001 at 09:05:42:

In Reply to: noisy neighbors upstairs posted by jay on January 04, 2001 at 08:01:27:

: my problem is overcrowding. my neighbors live in a apartment of two bedrooms yet there are about eleven people living above me five are children and the noise is at all hours during the day they run all over play with balls against the walls floors the screaming running and banging never stops.during the evening the adults start coming in moving furniture around this problem has been like this for years the rent above me is high so they have two families sharing the rent.my landlord will not accept my messages or even my dhcr complaints. plese someone help me and give me some advice thank you.

I researched this problem some years ago because I had a similar situation, and I said in a response to another person with a noise situation, the remedies are fairly lame and bleak, at least in New York. Unless, that is, your landlord hates the noisy tenants too. If not, you wind up fighting two people, and possibly losing. You can withhold rent or file suit, if complaints dont work.
One problem is that it has "been like this for years." It is going to be hard to deal with the situation if it has been going on for years.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name